Maybelline HyperSharp Wing Liquid Liner REVIEW & SWATCH

So as I've mentioned recently, I was desperately searching for a holy grail liquid eyeliner. Have I found it with the Maybelline HyperSharp Wing liner? Perhaps. And I'll tell you why.

This liner is definitely the easiest I've ever used. This is because of how the brush is shaped. (Though it looks like it, it is NOT a felt tip - it's a versatile brush that bends quite easily, but not too much so that you have a lack of control). Depending on which way you turn it, the brush can have a 'thinner', smaller and more precise shape which makes it easy for mapping out the wing...

The 'thinner' side
A swatch of the liner when using the thinner side
And when you flip it sideways, the brush is thicker and allows you to apply a larger amount of product to your eye much quicker. This is ideal for filling in the outer wing once you've made the outlines using the thinner side. Hopefully this is making some sense but if you buy the product you'll understand what I mean right away!

The 'thicker' angle
The width of the liner when applying with the 'thicker' side


Pigmentation
From looking at the photos, the pigmentation when first using the product is obviously impressive. However, after owning this product for about a month, the pigmentation has decreased IMMENSELY. I'm absolutely positive I haven't ran out of product either because I haven't been using it to a great extent.

Now when applying I find myself going over the colour about 5 times because at best when applying one coat - it appears like a faint dark grey shade. 

Longevity
The great thing about this liner is that when it's new it doesn't fade TOO much over time. I could easily wear it for about 4 or 5 hours and it will still look pretty good. It can smudge if you rub your eye which isn't too disappointing because the product doesn't claim to be waterproof or have any intense staying power - which makes removing it at the end of the day a breeze. The product also does not flake at all.

Pros:
  1. Incredibly easy application
  2. Versatile - can use the thicker side/thinner side to get the exact shape you want
  3. Great pigmentation when product is new
  4. Doesn't flake
Cons:
  1. The pigmentation of the actual liquid coming out of the brush is disappointing - looks like a dark grey not a black after not even using it for a month
  2. Smudges 
Overall it's up to you if you want to take the risk and purchase it even though the actual pigmentation decreased so rapidly since when I purchased it. It's definitely not considered my holy grail - though I may purchase it again if I see it on sale and give it another go... perhaps mine was just a dodgy one hahah and I really loved this liner when I first bought it!

For more beauty related posts - visit my instagram @australianbeautyblog <3instagram.com/australianbeautyblog

Lexy xxx

You May Also Like

0 comments