Red Earth Australia - Illuminating Skin Fluid (Pearl), Classic Kohl Eyeliner & Illuminating Loose Powder - Review & Swatches

Hi all,

So the Red Earth show bag that I purchased a couple weeks ago from my local Royal Show contained a couple vouchers to spend on the website, so having adored all the products I got to test out from the show bag, I knew I had to snatch up some more goodies, and bought something for a friend of mine too! (Hence there being two illuminating skin fluid's in the photo below)


I knew I wanted the following product as soon as I saw it online since I've been addicted to glowy skin and will do anything I can in order to look like I've dunked my head in fairy dust on a daily basis!

Secret Potion Illuminating Skin Fluid in Pearl
I picked up the Secret Potion Illuminating Skin Fluid in "Pearl" which is described on the website as a "white illuminator". I have pale skin and didn't want to risk getting "Magician" - the most popular shade from Instagram and the most frequently used in all the YouTube reviews that I located for this product. That one was described as a "soft gold" and I feel it'd be more suited to more medium to dark complexions.

The product itself feels nourishing and hydrating, and when pumped out of the bottle, has a white cream like consistency. When spread out, the illuminator has very noticeable pink reflectors in it (as you can see below) so it really does look ethereal and effervescent on my pale (and sometimes dull) skin. 

This product feels extremely hydrating, glides over the skin effortlessly and smells strongly of aloe vera (the smell disappears after applying thankfully).
Swatch of Secret Potion Illuminating Skin Fluid in Pearl
One significant weakness is that if you choose to apply it all over your face before foundation, the highlight and glow of the skin doesn't really manage to peak through after applying foundation. Perhaps a lighter BB cream would enable the illuminator to still show up after applying but it definitely can't surpass the thickness of higher coverage foundations.

Therefore, I find this product is most effective on top of foundation - I usually dot it along my cheekbones, nose, cupids bow and all other typical highlight areas and it gives my skin a dewy and goddess-like glow.

Face 'n Glow' Sparking Loose Powder
There was a special offer on the website when I purchased those two Illuminators - Buy any complexion product and receive a free sample of  Face 'n Glow' Sparking Loose Powder free!

This product is CRAZY pigmented. It looks as if it's made of pure shimmer and one swipe will honestly blow you away. I literally put the tiniest amount on my hand below and you can see how glowy it is, yet I don't even think the swatch below does it justice.


I haven't worked out how exactly to apply this yet. I tried it as a highlighter and it just sat on top of the skin a little awkwardly (looked like a conspicuous stripe on my face), so I just blended it out a little bit more to dull it down a bit. I'm not sure if I would wear this all over my face as it is extremely shimmery but definitely on the high points of my face.

Another free item (YAY) that came with my purchase was the Classic Line Kohl Eyeliner Pencil in "Steel Brilliance". The colour is a coal black with silver shimmers throughout it which makes it incredibly unique! I was SO surprised with the pigmentation. It was creamy and effortless to swatch.

I hope this gave you more of an insight into the impeccable quality products from this brand. I look forward to testing out some more of their skincare items in future!

Don't forget to check me out on Instagram where I interact more frequently: @australianbeautyblog

Lexy xx

You May Also Like

0 comments