MAC Nude Lipsticks: Velvet Teddy, Kinda Sexy, Mehr & Spirit - REVIEW & SWATCHES

Hi!

MAC lipsticks are among my favourites and I always reach for them no matter what the occasion! I am a massive fan of nude lipsticks in particular so I thought I'd swatch and review my absolute favourites, as well as show how each of them look on the lips on paler skin as some of these lipsticks give off a completely different colour on different skin tones.

From left to right: Kinda Sexy, Velvet Teddy, Spirit, Mehr
Kinda Sexy - Matte finish
The first lipstick I'll talk about is Kinda Sexy. It has a matte finish and is a peachy nude. It isn't so light however to make you washed out so I think it's perfect for anyone looking for a pinkier neutral nude!
Kinda Sexy
Swatch of Kinda Sexy
As this is a matte shade and is lighter than my natural lip colour, it CAN tend to look and feel a little drying on the lips so I highly recommend wearing a lip balm under this shade! This is one of my ultimate favourites alongside Velvet Teddy (as you will see below).

Velvet Teddy
I completely understand why this is such a cult favourite. Velvet Teddy is the perfect nude and I ALWAYS reach for it because it can never go wrong. It is more on the browny side than pink as you'll be able to see from the swatches, but it honestly looks different on every single person I've seen try it.
Velvet Teddy - As you can see it's been very loved hahaha
Swatch of Velvet Teddy

Even though it's a matte finish, it is not drying in the slightest. If you're someone who's never really tried any nudes and is confused about what to get, I highly recommend snatching this beauty up!

Spirit - Satin finish
This is a typical 90's nude colour. It's a medium dark brown (NOTE: it IS darker than Velvet Teddy) so it is definitely not too daunting a shade for those who want to try out a darker nude lipstick!
Spirit
Swatch of Spirit
It's a satin finish so it's very very creamy and doesn't feel dry on the lips at all! Nevertheless, I have found that satin finishes do not have an extensive lasting power and come off very easily if you're eating food (which I always am - woops) so be careful!

Mehr - Matte finish
Mehr is a beautiful pinky/purple matte lipstick that somewhat resembles Kylie Jenner's lip colour in this photo. I never used to stray away from my everyday nudes but I've been reaching for this when I go to more special occasions or dinners.
Mehr
Swatch of Mehr

I'm not wearing any lipliner in the photo above but I think that it's a great idea to invest into one with a brighter shade like this. I don't own it.. yet - but Whirl - a lipliner by MAC cosmetics - seems like the ideal shade to match Mehr. 

An absolutely amazing dupe for Mehr is 'Whipped Caviar' by NYX! Whipped Caviar also has a matte finish. Be aware the pigmentation of the NYX substitute is worse than Mehr and definitely doesn't last as long!
Top: Mehr by Mac
Bottom: Whipped Caviar by NYX
I hope this was insightful in some way, please feel free to leave a comment on what your favourite shade is and any other lipstick recommendations for me!

Remember to check me out on instagram where I post more frequently - @australianbeautyblog

I hope you have a lovely day wherever you are!!

Lexy xxxx

You May Also Like

0 comments