REVIEW & SWATCHES: Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner

Hey guys so I'm ashamed to admit I've been splurging on eye liners recently (I'll have a review on another cult favourite in a couple weeks ;) hahah) since my Maybelline HyperSharp peculiarly ran out 3 weeks after buying it even though I hadn't even used it that much and I know for a fact it didn't dry out. Oh well.

So I went to Mecca (an Australian beauty/cosmetics store) and picked up the "Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner" which retails at $29 AUD because I wanted a daily eye-liner that was an intense black and would last all day. The fact that it was waterproof was just an added bonus for me!
Source: instagram.com/australianbeautyblog


The product
This eye liner does not have a brush tip, but instead has a felt tip. It's somewhat more difficult to apply in juxtaposition to the Maybelline Hyper Sharp for example which has a brush tip, but if you're reasonably experienced with liquid eyeliner this will be simple to apply.

A negative point I have about this product is that it's quite difficult to get a thin precise wing. I find myself always wearing thick wings when using this liner as the tip of the product is reasonably big so keep that in mind if you like thin sharp wings.



Pigmentation/Colour payoff
The pigmentation is amazing on this product as you can see from the photos below! The finish is definitely NOT matte and has a vaguely shiny finish (as you can see in the photo with flash below), nothing too extreme but it ultimately does reflect the light, so if you want something incredibly matte, then steer away from this product.

Swatches (without flash)
Swatches (with flash)
Staying Power
This product in fact DOES stay all day as implied in the name! I've worn this product for hours on end and it does NOT budge, smudge, flake, crack, or anything of the sort! I have noticed that it fades the SLIGHTEST amount after many hours (e.g. around 5 or so) so if you want to maintain a really black colour you'd probably want to reapply another coat.

Waterproof?
The product is also waterproof. I've inserted a photo below of the swatches AFTER I've rubbed them a couple times with water, and as you can see they do not smudge at all which is SO impressive.
Swatches (after rubbing with water)
As you can see, it's difficult to get a precise thin line



Summary:
Pros:
  • Lasts all day
  • Doesn't crack, smudge or flake
  • Reasonably easy to apply
  • Easy to remove with makeup remover (waterproof or non-waterproof)
  • Waterproof
Cons:
  • Fades the slightest amount after many hours
  • Very difficult to draw a thin, sharp and precise wing because the felt tip is quite big
I hope this has helped you decide whether or not you want to pick up the product! For the most part it's pretty darn good if you want to spend a little extra money but I'm still hung up on the fact that the tip is a bit too big :(

Don't forget to check out my instagram @australianbeautyblog for more beauty related photos and posts!

Lexy xxx

You May Also Like

0 comments