KYLIE LIP KIT - CANDY K, KOKO K & 22 REVIEW, SWATCHES AND DEMO

Hi guys! So I bought these a while ago because I LOVE matte lipsticks and, not gonna lie, everyone was madly raving about these and I'm a very curious individual.

Candy K - Liquid lipstick and liner that comes in the box
I ordered Candy K on the second restock (which was AGES ago now) and I ordered Koko K and 22 a couple restocks after that. They came to about $60 each AUD including shipping but considering you get a lipliner and lipstick, that's cheaper than buying it from MAC.
The letter from Kylie that comes with every order
Koko K and 22
Formula
Liquid lipstick
The formula is quite thin but is still incredibly pigmented and glides on the lips very smoothly. After applying, it takes about 30 seconds to completely dry, and when it has it feels like you are wearing nothing on your lips at all! It's only drying in the slightest amount. I highly recommend only applying one layer though because it starts to clump and crack if you apply more than one.

The smell is quite strong and very sweet, it smells like vanilla icing in my opinion but you cannot smell the scent when it's applied on your lips.

Lipliner
I would honestly buy the lip liner by itself if it was sold separately. It's the CREAMIEST, most pigmented and easy to use lip liner I've ever used. The lasting power is pretty impressive as well, but I'm not sure if applying it under the liquid lipstick extends how long the liquid lipstick lasts.

It's easy to overline your lips too and I find that the high quality of the liner means that it's not too obvious when you overdraw. I've already used SO much of my Candy K lipliner because I love the shade and quality.


Lipliner - Top to bottom - Candy K (My absolute favourite), Koko K, and 22
The shades
Liquid lipstick - Left to right - 22, Koko K, Candy K
Candy K
I bought Candy K before any of the others because everyone was raging on about how it was the "perfect nude" and I can't help myself when it comes to matte nude lipsticks!
HOWEVER, when trying it on, I notice the colour was MUCH darker than your every day nude. Perhaps it's because I'm pretty pale but Candy K (the far right shade in the swatch above and the demo below) comes off as a dark mauve. Honestly, I'm not a fan. It's a very mature colour and as I have reasonably small lips, it makes them look shrivelled and my face look washed out. I also have noticed it gets progressively darker the longer it's on your lips. Yikes.. I rarely apply this one by itself because of how much I dislike the colour.

Nevertheless, the lipliner is the ideal pinky "your lips but better" nude shade and is what I thought the liquid lipstick was GOING to look like. I pair the lipliner with all of my nude lipsticks and it's wonderful.

Candy K lipliner and liquid lipstick - As you can see it comes off as a mauve rather than a nude on my paler skin tone
Koko K
I bought this on my second order as it's the lightest in the bunch and since I loved the formula of Candy K, I knew I still wanted to give a lighter lip colour a go.

This looks much better on my pale skin tone in comparison to Candy K BUT when using the Koko K liner and liquid lipstick, it's a bit too light for my skin tone as it's a vibrant baby pink and I'm not about that pale lip life. So these days I use the Candy K lipliner with Koko K liquid lipstick on top to create the perfect shade (because I paid all that money and feel like I need to use it up).
Koko K lipliner with the liquid lipstick on the top
22
What's to say about this gorgeous orange/red shade? The formula is just as pigmented as the other ones, and the shade doesn't look patchy when applying. Nevertheless, it does feel a bit dryer when applying as it doesn't apply as seamlessly as the others. This one is way more longer lasting than Koko and Candy though and is much more difficult to remove as well funnily enough!

22
Lasting power
Considering how much I paid, I expected these to last longer. When I kiss the back of my hand after the lipstick dries, there is no transfer which I love.

BUT essentially after eating the lipstick is practically gone. I do lick my lips when I eat though so I'm certain that's why they come off easier. 22 is easily the shade that lasts the longest out of all of these.

Overall, I don't really like these lipsticks when considering the price. I love the lipliner as I've stated before, and the liquid lipstick is very comfortable but I feel like these kits aren't worth the money and the shades (except 22) aren't really too impressive. Candy K is way too dark and Koko K is a tad too light. It's a shame and I try to use these as much as I can but I sadly find myself reaching for my Mac lipsticks much more.

I hope this helped some of you in deciding whether you want to give these a go!

Remember to follow me on @australianbeautyblog on instagram for more beauty related posts!

Lexy xxxxx


You May Also Like

0 comments